Saturday, January 1, 2011

Excuses Excuses

It has been a crazy last few months. I have been meaning to update this blog forever and keep putting it off. The beginning of October I was offered a job with the Gazette our local newspaper as a supervisor over the distribution of their niche products. Which basically means all their free products they print which include Freshink, Academy Spirit, Spring Values, and Sunday Preferred. I have to make sure these products are being delivered, keep track of returns, and make sure numbers are reported to the right people. It is an ideal job for me because it only requires a couple early mornings a week and than a few hours of driving around verifying delivery a week.

A few days after I started my new position I got a call from the Gazette single copy delivery asking if I could help substitute since they had two routes down and were desperate for help. I asked how long they would need help and they said a couple of weeks. That was the beginning of October and I was calling them from the hospital the morning Dwyn was born on December 23rd to let them know I would not be able to do the route. My schedule was a little like this I would leave my house at a little after 2am to deliver my single copy route every day except on Wednesdays and Fridays I had to go in early and do my new position before I delivered my route. On Wednesdays and Fridays I would go in about 12:30 do the work for my new position and then go deliver my single copy route at about 3am. I would than get home by about 6am and need to have kids up and ready for preschool by 8:30. Sometimes I could sneak in about a 45 min catnap, but most days it is just easier to stay up. To add to the craziness the last few weeks I was pregnant it was also my turn to teach preschool on Monday and Wednesday. When did I sleep?....I guess it is a good thing that my body adjusted a long time ago to surviving on about 4 hours because I usually manage to get about that much squeezed in somewhere.

Most days I was just trying to remember that even though I was tired I still need to remain patient and kind while fighting with a three year old while she insisted that she had to wear her tap shoes to school with her sweat suit. There was really only one word that summed up how I felt. Exhausted. The point of this post is not to complain, but more to show that I have a good excuse why I have been such a slacker on keeping up on my blog. Now that I am no longer delivering a route everyday I might have some extra energy to keep up my blog on a regular basis. Although I am still getting up with a newborn it is easier than doing a route.

No comments: